Powerful And Smart DLNA Media Server
Why Choose KooRaRoo Media DLNA server and media organizer?
You may have tried another media server, but there are a number of factors that make KooRaRoo Media the ideal solution.
Ease of use and flexibility
- A modern, resizeable graphical user interface that you can configure just the way you like it.
- Media files are arranged in playlists that can be dragged around the library tree to organize your library in a way that works for you best.
- Various playlist types that you can create in addition to the already existing ones, including dynamic tree playlists (to create automatic hierarchical trees based on metadata) and dynamic lists that allow you to list files adhering to certain criteria (e.g. "All rocks songs of 1990'").
- Highly optimized to take advantage of multi-core CPUs, but will work on any computer that can run Windows XP. Small in size, does not consume much memory and fast.
Features for novices and experts
- Unlike many DLNA solutions, KooRaRoo works out-of-the box straight after installation with all default choices and you can just use it as-is or you can completely customize it to suit your personal needs and taste.
- Many video files found on the Internet or backed up from disks contain multiple audio streams and your native language may not be the first stream, which is typically used by other servers and devices. KooRaRoo allows you to specify your preferred audio languages (you can have multiple) and it'll deliver such videos to your device with the appropriate language.
- If you make backup copies of your DVDs, you'll know that they are made up of multiple VOB files that are played individually on your device which causes pauses when going from one VOB to the next. KooRaRoo will automatically combine VOB files into a single movie, so you can watch it properly on your device. If you backup your DVDs to a single ISO image, KooRaRoo can handle that as well and will allow you to play back your movie on any device.
- When a file is not compatible with your device, it is transcoded on-the-fly when you try to play it. You can also pre-transcode files in advance for your device, so that they are ready to watch when you are. There is also full control over converting using manual transcoding for expert users.
- Parental controls allow you to specify which files and folders will not appear on certain devices, so you can protect your children from content they should not see or listen to. You can set parental ratings on a per-file or per-folder basis.
- If you like watching films that are not in your native language, you'll appreciate subtitle support in KooRaRoo. If your device supports external subtitles (SRT, SMI or SUB), they'll be streamed to it automatically, but if it doesn't, you have the option to burn subtitles on top of the video in your favorite font style, color and size. You can even set your preferred subtitle language and when multiple subtitle files are found, the correct one will be picked - easy and useful!
- See the features page to read more.
Support and maintenance
- Our support is prompt and professional in replying to any queries you may have. We have years of experience working with DLNA devices and we have many devices in-house for testing. Try it now - send us a question through our support page!
- Hardware manufacturers update their firmware from time to time and sometimes things change and break. KooRaRoo is always monitoring this and will update our device definitions accordingly, so you know that your devices will always work.
- New features are being developed all the time and your suggestions and feedback are greatly appreciated!